CDCS Peer Learning Cohorts
The University provides many online courses, but it can be difficult to motivate ourselves to complete them alone, or to not give up when the going gets tough!
In 2019-2020, CDCS hosted small groups of motivated people working together and supporting one another in learning. Groups were provided a facilitator and some coffee and cake. Group members worked through course materials, solving problems together and considering applications of new-found skills to ongoing projects.
The following peer learning cohort courses took place in 2019-2020:
- Python for Everyone (Coursera): 15 Nov - 20 Dec 2019
- Write and Format Your Thesis with LaTeX and Overleaf: Dec 2019
- Python for Everyone (Coursera): Feb - March 2020
- Markdown for Beginners: Spring 2020
- Relational Databases and SQL: Spring 2020
Notes on peer learning cohorts:
- These groups are intended for University of Edinburgh staff and student learners.
- Everyone who registers interest for a course will receive a response.
- Suitable dates and times to meet will be agreed amongst the cohort.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
If you would like to propose a course for us to host, whether you would like to be the instructor or a participant, please get in touch via email.