Our Response to Covid-19
We care about our community, our team and our colleagues both within Edinburgh and internationally. Covid-19 brings serious challenges to us all so we have decided to take the measures listed below. Our work has always focused on supporting researchers to develop their digital research skills and, as people around the world transition to remote working, this support is more important than ever.
- Our weekly research seminar is cancelled until further notice.
- We will only be offering training that can be conducted remotely until further notice. We are adapting our face-to-face courses at the moment and will soon be offering some additional courses. We still welcome suggestions for training from our community: please get in touch if you have training needs.
- We will use our weekly digest to share details of relevant online courses and online events.
- Our 2020 project activity supporting the use of text-mining will go ahead remotely. We hope this will provide researchers an opportunity to test their ideas and experiment. We hope it will also be a productive diversion for participants at this challenging time.
- We want to minimise risk and maximise support and collaboration among our community. For this reason, our monthly Fika / coffee & cake will soon be relaunched as a virtual get together. As always, there will be no agenda, just a supportive space in which to explore research ideas: everyone will be welcome to join us, to bring their own questions and suggestions, and to learn about what their colleagues are working on.